samedi 20 juillet 2019

Foreskin reclaimers: the ‘intactivists’ fighting infant male circumcision

Emboldened by the body-positive movement and a sense of rage, a growing chorus is pushing back against a common custom

The media officer of one of the UK’s top medical schools doesn’t realise she hasn’t muted herself as she puts me on hold.

She sniggers with her colleague as she passes on my request – to speak to an expert on male circumcision – before informing me they don’t have one.

Related: Male circumcision: the issue that ended my marriage

I felt immense loss and grief that I’d never be given the chance to experience sex the way nature intended it

You can’t go cutting the body parts of people without consent.

Related: A Cut Too Far? Male Circumcision review – an act of love, or an assault?

Related: Circumcision: the cruellest cut?

Continue reading...

from Children | The Guardian https://ift.tt/2JSkiIF

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire