samedi 9 septembre 2017

Jobcentres have been stripped of all compassion for young people

I work with young homeless people who are being failed by the public services that were set up to support them

I work as an accommodation and assessment worker for a charity supporting young homeless people as they battle against hardship, and often, unfortunately, the statutory services set up to support them.

I’ve been here for just over two years, and a decade ago worked in a similar job, in an emergency access hostel. It’s very apparent that things are more difficult now than they were back then.

Related: I love working with young people, but it has put me off the public sector | Anonymous

Related: I worked at a jobcentre – I'm so sorry for the way we treated you

Continue reading...

from Children | The Guardian http://ift.tt/2xkvZ7p

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire