lundi 20 novembre 2017

Highlights from this issue

At the risk of appearing dewy eyed before I’ve even started, I’m going to tell you that Archives has been a part of my life since my (Damascene) paediatric attachments as a fourth year medical student in Leicester and Lincoln in the early/mid 1980s. In those days, of course, the internet wasn’t even on the near horizon, but the glossy print only (red and white) departmental copy more than compensated. In one way or another, it has been a companion ever since. It has ‘tagged along’ in the many places I have been fortunate enough to have called home as a paediatrician or epidemiologist: Khartoum, Kabul, Port Moresby, Bombay and, most recently Karachi, and I feel extraordinarily privileged to be here now.

So where do I begin? I guess with thanks: thanks to the RCPCH and the BMJ for giving me a chance, my remarkable predecessors, Martin Ward Platt and...

from Archives of Disease in Childhood current issue http://ift.tt/2zUKTC0

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire