jeudi 31 mai 2018

My children have made me an online laughing stock | Joanna Moorhead

They lie in wait, unforgiving cameras poised to film my every foible. Such is the fate of parents in the digital age

Instagram wasn’t around when my kids were tiny, for which I can only say, thank God. Because who knows whether I’d have been tempted to share their cute little ways with a host of followers? And if I had, it wouldn’t be the oversharing critics I’d be worried about today. No. My judge and jury would be far harsher and less forgiving: my own four children, cameras poised, wit at the ready to assassinate Mum and Dad and their eccentric, outdated ways, in the full glare of the viral-ready digital universe.

Related: The 'sharent' trap – should ​you ever put your ​children on social media?

Respect, surely, is key. If we respect their boundaries, they will respect ours

Continue reading...

from Children | The Guardian https://ift.tt/2smOvHX

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire