dimanche 3 juin 2018

Sweet nothings, lazy slurs and rhyming slang | Brief letters

Brian McFadden’s dress sense | Antimaterialism | Amazon jargon | Restaurant names | Marshmallow test | Brian Close

I’m so sorry Brian McFadden found it difficult to make good clothes choices when he went solo but I didn’t appreciate him saying he “looked like an old lesbian aunt” (Boys to men, G2, 30 May). I’m a lesbian aunt (who at 58 I’m sure he would deem ancient), I’ve never worn a suede shirt, and I have a great hairdresser. Time to cut the lazy insults, Brian.
Sylvia Ashton
Sheffield

• A welcome puncturing of materialistic attitudes from Mairi-Frances McKay (How I spend it, 2 June). On a salary of £16,000 she donates to charity with a £15-a-month standing order and often gives to people on the street because “that’s the sort of people we are”.
John Irving Clarke
Wakefield

Continue reading...

from Children | The Guardian https://ift.tt/2Js8DSP

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire