vendredi 27 juillet 2018

A letter to… the mother whose child I just removed

‘I know how deeply you love him… But I also know you cannot keep him safe’: the letter you always wanted to write

As the judge announces his ruling that your child will now be placed for adoption, you let out a wail of anguish and break into floods of tears. I blink furiously and brush away the stray tear that falls on my cheek.

Because, although I’ve sought this order for your child, prepared the necessary documents for his adoption and sat up late into the night for weeks writing court reports stating why this was necessary, this was not the outcome I wanted for you.

Related: A letter to… my son’s ex-girlfriend

Continue reading...

from Children | The Guardian https://ift.tt/2Lx8Iqf

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire