lundi 6 août 2018

Indigenous children don’t need to be fixed – they need rights and opportunities | William Tilmouth

We must not persist with a system that is fragmented and fractured, and leaves our children in the same state

Firstly I want to recognise the traditional owners of this beautiful country and your ancestors. I recognise the old people who are our past and present and the young people who are our next generation and future. To distinguished and special guests.

My thanks to the Yothu Yindi Foundation for having me and the Children’s Ground team here today.

Related: The world is being undone before us. If we do not reimagine Australia, we will be undone too | Richard Flanagan

I have a good command of English but I cannot speak my own language

Related: 'Don't leave people behind': plea from stolen generation galvanises Garma

There are too many sorries and not enough truths

Related: Garma festival: Noel Pearson warns against treaty before constitutional deal

Continue reading...

from Children | The Guardian https://ift.tt/2ngmfnh

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire