vendredi 21 septembre 2018

I’m 12, and frightened about growing up

Just as your body develops, so does your mind, says Annalisa Barbieri. With experience, you learn to deal with tricky moments in your life

I’m 12 years old and I have a great family and life. I’m hoping to be an animator/artist, so I spend most of my days drawing and doing fun, crafty stuff. My parents have been talking about bills, jobs and adult stuff lately and it’s affected me – especially since I’ve recently started my periods, which scared me because I don’t want to have to grow up.

It frightens me a lot, and I cry about it. My elder sister (who is also my best friend) comforts me, but she doesn’t know what to do and I’m afraid my parents will think I’m being really dumb.

Related: Should I let my violent father meet my daughter?

Continue reading...

from Children | The Guardian https://ift.tt/2xH8T8n

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire