samedi 8 août 2020

The mother load: Lisa Taddeo on parenting in a pandemic

Teacher, worker, carer, cook ... family life has gone back to the 1950s for many women. The Three Women author on why it’s time to let go of the tyranny of the ‘good’ mother

Never in my life had I been so high.

I’d just given a reading in Amsterdam after which the gracious hosts of the evening took me out for drinks. Three young women asked me questions about sex and love and desire as though I were an expert and it was nice but I was tired and unused to being considered an expert in anything but panic.

I've heard so many mothers say how much more they panic now. The pandemic is a good excuse to let that panic roam free

The same mothers who called Lina a bad mother are now telling me that they understand why she considered killing herself

Continue reading...

from Children | The Guardian https://ift.tt/3ipNbLR

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire